Lake Central Bank employees received a fun surprise two weeks ago when bank President and CEO, Bryan Bruns, hand-delivered $100 to every employee and encouraged them to spend it at local businesses.
“I’m proud of and grateful for the way our staff has pushed through the many challenges during the pandemic, and we wanted to show our appreciation in a unique way,” said Bruns. “We also recognize it’s been a difficult few months for local businesses and thought this would be a great way to help jumpstart the beginning of summer for business owners who serve our community members so well each day.”
Lake Central employees have been busy getting out and about spending the money on a variety of items at many local businesses. Here’s a snapshot of how and where the dollars have been joyfully spent thus far … more to come:
- Found wonderful graduation gifts for my two granddaughters at Miller’s Jewelry
- Scored on a toaster, pasta-making machine, electric drill bits, meat thermometer and summer tablecloth at Kaz Hardware
- My husband and I purchased our fishing licenses for this year at Little Jim’s and then snuck over to Dairy Queen with the family to enjoy some ice cream
- I used my $100 to buy dinner for my family from Just North of Memphis BBQ & Catering
- Had a little mother-daughter date at Subway, then stopped at Lakeside Nutrition for a healthy snack before buying some items at Kaz Hardware for our home improvement project
- Put a down payment on a car at Lundeen Ford
- Had my hair cut & colored at Sassy’s … finally
- My wife and I got our sweet-tooth on at Sweet Escape for ice cream
- Got some beautiful flowers at Gardendale
- No better way to start the day than getting coffee at In Hot Water
- Purchased two Café Jules cards and gave them to my two neighbors who are serving our schools behind the scenes
- Went to Country Chev to get a new brake line for my vehicle.
- Got some fabulous take-out at Waterfront Lakeside Grille. Then hopped over to BJ’s Bait & Tackle to fill the jet-ski with gas and grab the family some fun snacks
- I treated my family to dinner at Southbrook Grille in honor of my husband’s retirement
- Bought lovely flowers from Rainbow Gardens flower hut at the Clearwater Travel Plaza
- Purchased some pea rock from Annandale Rock Products for my gardens
- Enjoyed a delicious dinner from Maple Lake Bowling Alley
- Grabbed some much needed yard supplies from Kaz
- Picked up a refreshing beverage from Irish Blessings Coffeehouse
- Nothing says “summer feels” like picking up some brews at Spilled Grain
- Treated myself to new earrings from Miller’s Jewelry
- Picked up some fabulous meats at Petty’s Brothers and then grabbed some bait at Little Jim’s
- Billy D’s is the place for me … amazing food
- Stocked up on meat from Petty Brothers for cookouts during the summer
- Snared some replacement tools I wanted but didn’t need … Happy Father’s Day to me!
- Celebrated my birthday with the whole family at Café Jules
- Bought my honey an adorable sweatshirt from Grey Duck Screen Printing and Apparel
Bruns concluded, “Since 1893, we’ve considered local businesses our neighbors and friends. We’ll continue to support and make a positive impact in any way possible in the weeks and years to come.”
Where and what are YOU spending your dollars on around our community? We’d love to hear from you!